Yorkshire is a lovely part of the UK in which to take a break as there is a diversity of things to do and see. When considering a self catering holiday in this scenic part of the world, you’ll be spoil for choice with the array of activities to experience and places to see as well as the range of beautiful lodges and cottages for rent to select from.
Yorkshire, located in Northern England is one of the largest counties in Great Britain and is well known and loved by both locals and holidaymakers. There are various sub counties throughout the whole of Yorkshire including East Riding and North Riding. One of the most visited and well known areas, include the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors.
Finding Lodges & Cottages In Yorkshire With Hot Tubs
There are plenty of cottages, log cabins and lodges in Yorkshire to select from which have hot tubs. From luxury lodges with wide open views to quaint village cottages.
To make your search for a holiday let which has a hot tub straightforward, we've featured a huge range of stunning properties from several holiday companies. Below are some popular choices with our visitors. We've got further accommodation which is situated in Yorkshire plus other regions in the North of England for you to browse through.
Want To See All Available Lets In Yorkshire?
Our recommended way of viewing all all accommodation in Yorkshire which has a hot tub is by visiting our 'locate by map page'.
Facts, Figures And Information On Things To Do
Yorkshire's Popular Holiday Spots:
When visiting you will not be lost for things to see and places to visit. Is a county that is loved by the young and old alike - thanks to the wide range of activities in this part of the world.Yorkshire Coast:
Is one of the most stunning places in to be found in Yorkshire. If you want to get away from the stress of daily life this is where you may want to head. In total there are more than 100 miles of shoreline to explore (that's further than the distance from Leeds to Newcastle!). Here you can find some of the very best sandy beaches and hidden coves.
• Scarborough - highly popular seaside town.
• Whitby - steeped in history...fish and chips are a 'must'.
• Robin Hood's Bay - enjoy a stroll through the narrow streets.
• Flamborough Head - great for a cliff top walk and see waves crashing spectacularly.
The North York Moors are eerily beautiful and offer visitors a brand new experience each and every day. If you want to enjoy a short break in this beautiful part of the UK you will be spoilt for choice for things to do. There are numerous stately homes and historic sites along with agricultural shows and attractions that allow you to walk in the same footsteps as the stars of TV.Pennine Yorkshire:
This is where waterwheels and steam engine texture mills were found but the landscape has re-emerged and been re-invented and today it is one of the very best places for a short break. Here you can take a walk on the Moors where the Bronte sisters lived, visit Hebden Beidge which is claimed to be one of the worlds 'funkiest' towns and attend any of the crafts and trade fairs that are located in market towns such as Holmfirth, Haworth and Ilkley.Things To Do And See:
Yorkshire is packed with so many things you will have no trouble at all in filling your day. There are areas of which are suitable for both young and old - something for everyone.
An overview at just a few of the many highlights that you could enjoy when taking a staycation break in this part of the UK.Places To Visit:
• Book tickets for the World Snooker Championship which is held in Sheffield
• Walk round the Harrogate Spring Flower Show
• Visit Castle Howard which is located near to York and includes the Brideshead Revisited exhibition along with taking in the Arboretum Trust Kew
• Visit Wentworth Woodhouse Gardens located in South Yorkshire which is home to gardens of historical importance
• Go underwater at the Deep in Hull. This is home to more than 40 species of shark and more than 3,000 fish. It's one of the world's most stunning aquariums and winner of the 2010 White Rose Awards for tourism
• Visit Magna which has a show entitled the Big Melt that is spectacular due to the pyrotechnics and audio display that supplies power enough to shake the walls and floor; a real visual thrill.
• Eureka, the National Childrens' Museum - anyone with children who are staying in Yorkshire will not want to miss Eureka. Both children and adults will enjoy this magical museum where children are able to play and learn at the same time while adults can go back to their childhood. This is a must visit attraction for ages 0 to 100 and is located in Halifax.
• Dinostar - this is a unique experience that features a fascinating interactive exhibit of dinosaurs and fossils from around the globe. Dinostar is found in Hull.
• Bridlington North Beach - this sand and shingle beach is backed by some of the most impressive cliffs, Flamborough Cliffs.
• Whitby West Cliff - with its fine sand beach this is one of the places that the kids will have plenty of fun on thanks to the rock pools and water that is great for a paddle.
Yorkshire is one of the most diverse of all counties in the UK in which to visit for a short break or holiday. This part of the UK offers something for every age group. There are many lodges and cottages to rent which means you can choose your location to suit your holiday preferences. You'll find many of the holiday lets in that part of the world offer spectacular views of some of the most stunning vistas and landscapes in the UK.Interesting Facts And Figures About Yorkshire:
1. Yorkshire actually has its own day...it's the 1st of August.
2. The first ever lighthouse in England was built at Flamborough Head.
3. The North York Moors Railway is the longest steam operated railway in the United Kingdom, stretching 18 miles from Grosmont to Pickering
Comment & Discussion
Do you live in Yorkshire? Maybe you love the area so much that you've spend many a weekend here and know the area like the back of your hand?
If this sounds a little bit like you then we would be very grateful if you could take a minute or two to leave some insightful feedback / information for our visitors.